Kobido massage is one of the most complex facial massage techniques in the world. It comes from Japan, where it was created in the 15th century, and its name in Japanese means "the ancient path to beauty". Thus, for over 500 years, the tradition of kobido massage is continued and more and more popular all over the world.
Kobido massage is a non-invasive, manual method that allows you to improve the oval of the face, firm the skin or smooth wrinkles without the need for a surgical facelift, lifting threads or other cosmetic procedures.
This massage, thanks to the combination of slow, relaxing movements with advanced techniques consisting of quick and intense movements, acting on the deep structures of the skin and facial muscles, not only relaxes, but also stimulates the tissues and reduces their tension, giving a lifting effect.
How is a kobido massage performed?
Kobido massage consists of several stages, occurring in a specific sequence, and the treatment time usually lasts up to 90 minutes.
The massage begins with a thorough cleansing of the skin. Then, deep tissue massage is performed on the cleansed skin, without the use of any preparations . This is to reduce greater muscle tensions, which helps smooth out fine expression lines.
The next stage of the massage is more delicate. It relaxes, removes muscle tension caused by emotions and stimulates blood circulation , thanks to which the skin regains its healthy color.
Then, by making faster movements of the hand, the flow of blood and lymph is improved. This has a positive effect on the nourishment of the skin and the reduction of shadows and bags under the eyes. This stage of the kobido massage is called lymphatic drainage .
In the most intense part of the Kobido massage, i.e. the lifting stage , the movements are strong and quick, and the skin is pinched, pulled up and kneaded. Then, a slight feeling of discomfort and warmth may appear on the skin.
The last stage, which is acupressure , is to compress individual points of the muscles, the so-called energy points.
Effects after massage
The benefits of Kobido massage can be seen after the first treatment. However, it usually takes at least one session a week for a period of time to maintain and correct them.
The most satisfying effect of Kobido massage is the visible result of improving skin elasticity and relaxing facial muscles. That is why this massage is often referred to as a non-invasive facelift. In addition to improving the appearance, kobido massage also helps in relaxing and combating the effects of stress, such as fatigue, headaches and insomnia.
Thanks to regularly performed Kobido massages, we can naturally obtain:
- younger and refreshed skin appearance;
- reduced visibility of furrows and wrinkles;
- reducing the appearance of signs of aging;
- oxygenation and nourishment of the skin;
- reduction of puffiness and dark circles under the eyes;
- radiant complexion effect;
- skin firming;
- reducing the tone of the facial muscles;
- improving microcirculation;
- reducing the effects of stress in the body;
- feeling relaxed;
Kobido massage is a safe and painless procedure, but there are contraindications to its performance:
- inflammation on the skin;
- other inflammations of the body (fever, tonsillitis);
- rosacea in the exacerbation stage;
- strongly coupled skin;
- the occurrence of purulent inflammations around the teeth;
- skin wounds;
- performed laser treatments and mesotherapy;
- performed treatments: botox (massage can be performed only after 2 weeks) lifting threads (after 6 months), hyaluronic acid (after approx. 2-3 months).